6 Adventurous Wedding Party Activities to in Marathon, FL
Updated: Oct 1, 2022
If you think that the Florida Keys is only for beach yoga and sunsets– think again! Thrill-seeking travelers will find the Florida Keys a heaven for heart bounding activities that feed your competitive nature. Make Marathon Florida Keys your home base in the middle keys for all of these amazing activities.
1. oTHErside Adventure Park & Key Cable – This 50 acre park in the heart of Marathon, allows wakeboard, waterski or knee boarding without a boat. Riders are pulled across a lake from cable system and can be controlled for ability level. Advance riders can try their skills on the many jumps available. Make it a fun competition with judges or timed with longest run. www.keyscable.com
2. Florida Keys Shark Diving - Yes, that’s right. You can experience these amazing apex predators up close and personal – and you do not need to be scuba diving certified to join the fun. Choose from one of two types of packages; the Shark Viewing Trip (non-water option) or the Shark Diving Trip which takes place in a shark cage a few miles offshore. www.keyssharkdiving.com
3. Jet Power Fun – Speed across the open ocean in personal watercrafts such as Jet Ski’s or WaveRunners. Explore the shoreline or take a guided tour to see the historic keys from a different vantage point. Choose from many local companies like Turtle Island Water Sports (305-896-7282) or Big Kahuna Water Sports Tours (305-304-4993)
4. Flying High Parasailing – Get a birds eye view of the Keys over 800 feet in the air with your feet dangling below you. Parasailing is a thrilling ski-high adventure with no skills needed. Z-Flights in Marathon is your start to a fun time at 305-240-4482 or www.zflightwatersports.com
5. Take It To New Heights– Strap yourself in for a ride you will never forget. Where there is only window seats and the views go for miles. Ride high in the sky on a private helicopter ride round the Keys. Feel the rush - low flying over the ocean searching for dolphins, sharks, and tarpon from a birds eye view. http://www.oldcityhelicopters.com/floridakeys/och_marathon_index.html
6. Feeding the Monsters- Enter this activity at your own risk! At this local watering hole, over 100 monster tarpons call this place home aside locals and tourist. Hand feed bait fish and watch has they leap out of the water to grab a bite. Oh and it's a great restaurant too! https://www.robbies.com/tarpon.htm
About this wedding expert:
Hi! I am Kristy Harvey, founder + lead planner of Best. Day. Ever. Weddings Florida Keys. I know planning a destination wedding can be stressful (believe me -I planned one of my own) - that's why 50-60 couples each year turn to us to create their perfect day with them in mind.
Stop the stressing and overwhelm - and start truly enjoying this once in a lifetime planning journey.
Let's start your planning journey together today!